This collection of links serves as my bookmarks. I hope you find something useful.
Python in Economics
- Kevin Sheppard has a great book, Python for Econometrics.
- Quantitative Economics by Thomas J. Sargent and John Stachurski.
- And John Stachurski’s book, A Primer in Econometric Theory.
- Use Data-to-viz to choose a graph type based on the data.
- Comparison R and Stata commands by Oscar Torres-Reyna at Princeton.
- A very useful collection of links to learn R
- Awesome guide on setting up a Jekyll blog with Github Pages.
- Tool for meeting with students.
- Awesome visualisations of the main concepts in statistics
- Spurious Correlations to motivate careful econometrics.
- David Venturi has compiled reviews of online courses related to data science.
PhD in Economics
- Chris Blattman has a very comprehensive guide to graduate school applications.
- It may be a good idea to be a research assistant before applying. Check out NBER’s job board.
- Masayuki Kudamatsu has a great collection of links.
- Michèle Tertilt provides advice for PhD students.
- AEA’s Resources for Economists.